Welcome to Club Silencio! Introduce yourself here!

Exclusively reserved for discussion regarding David Lynch's 'Mulholland Dr.'
blu

Welcome to Club Silencio! Introduce yourself here!

Postby blu » 24 Oct 2010

Hello and welcome!

Club Silencio is the forums of the Lost on Mulholland Dr. site.

You may have seen a counter on the site over the past couple of weeks. It seems that there were unfortunately a few bugs in the counter that meant it displayed a different time depending in which time zone you were connecting from. Oops. This means that if you are in Europe or more easterly the countdown may have counted down to seemingly nothing. And if you're across the pond in the Americas you may be seeing us earlier than expected.

Anyway. We're here now. Have a poke around and say hello in this thread.

We hope you will join the discussions and building of a community around this wonderful film and Mr. David Lynch.

:2ThUp:

I'm blu, and I have been addicted in varying degrees to MD for about 8 years now.

silenthiller119

Re: Welcome to Club Silencio!

Postby silenthiller119 » 24 Oct 2010

Hi my name is Don. I've been a fan of David Lynch for many years now, I can't even count! As you can probably tell by my username I am a big fan of Silent Hill, but that's how I found out about Lynch. The first film I saw of his was Mulholland Drive, and I haven't turned back since!

blu

Postby blu » 24 Oct 2010

silenthiller119 wrote:Hi my name is Don. I've been a fan of David Lynch for many years now, I can't even count! As you can probably tell by my username I am a big fan of Silent Hill, but that's how I found out about Lynch. The first film I saw of his was Mulholland Drive, and I haven't turned back since!

Welcome.

Congrats for being the first one off the mark. No prizes sadly. ;-)

bsharporflat

Postby bsharporflat » 25 Oct 2010

Thanks blu!

blu

Postby blu » 25 Oct 2010

bsharporflat wrote:Thanks blu!

Welcome. :ThumpUp:

Film Syncs

Postby Film Syncs » 25 Oct 2010

Thanks blu! Hi everyone! Looks like I need to work on a icon.

Dataman325

Postby Dataman325 » 25 Oct 2010

Well, the "revelation" turned into more illusion..but that's what you learn at C.S.
Anyway, thanks for the invite Blu..the Club looks spiffy!

blu

Postby blu » 25 Oct 2010

Dataman325 wrote:Well, the "revelation" turned into more illusion..but that's what you learn at C.S.
Anyway, thanks for the invite Blu..the Club looks spiffy!

Heheh. Hopefully in time, more will be revealed to you here than you may expect.

Glad you like the look of the place. 8-)

TheGiant

Postby TheGiant » 30 Oct 2010

More of a Twin Peaks fan myself in general. But really enjoy Mulholland Drive and always good to see a new message board popping up!

=)
"Brilliant! I have absolutely no idea what's going on."

danieltx

Postby danieltx » 01 Nov 2010

Just joined the forum today. This site has been an invaluable resource in my study of Mulholland Drive and I anticipate that this forum will generate some great discussion on it.

blu

Postby blu » 01 Nov 2010

Welcome and welcome. :D

somethingbad

Re: Welcome to Club Silencio! Introduce yourself here!

Postby somethingbad » 21 Nov 2010

I'm a Lynch lover of old who gets totally infected with Mulhollanditis from time to time. I watched Inland Empire for the first time recently and loved it more than I thought I would and that led to another viewing of MD and finding this forum(You know, wanting to forum :-) ).

Great to see such intelligent thoughts and theories and using the RT threads is a great resource too - I loved those threads when I first got hooked on MD.

I really like some of the theories on the "real" section that I've read here - moving away from the idea that this whole section defines Diane's reality. EG. Vicster's theory that Laura Harring's Camilla is a "projection" by Diane onto other "real" people that she knows - "You're playing a dangerous game here" indeed. I think there's still a lot of fun to be had from looking more closely at the "real" section.

It's also nice to read some views on MD and Lynch without the venom of IMDB! :-)

blu

Postby blu » 21 Nov 2010

Hello and welcome to Club Silencio!

lifeislikewater

Postby lifeislikewater » 25 Nov 2010

Hello fellow Mulholland Dr./Lynch enthusiasts,

My name is Mark. I've been a huge fan of David Lynch since I was in junior high. The first film of his that I saw was Lost Highway, and then I caught Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me. After that, I was hooked. This man is my favorite filmmaker of all time. At a hard time in my life, I decided to delve into Transcendental Meditation 4 years ago and it has made everything so much more beautiful for me. I probably would never have heard of the practice were it not for Mr. Lynch.

I have the cover of Eraserhead tattooed on my body as well. It's the only tattoo I have.

Mulholland Dr. is my favorite Lynch film so as soon as I came across Club Silencio, I knew I had to join. I love to talk to kindred spirits.

So that's me.

blu

Postby blu » 25 Nov 2010

Welcome welcome.

A TM practioner. Good stuff. Good to have you along. :up:

Next

Return to Mulholland Dr.