When, where, how did you first see MD? Tell your story.

Exclusively reserved for discussion regarding David Lynch's 'Mulholland Dr.'
Bob

Re: When, where, how did you first see MD? Tell your story.

Postby Bob » 17 Apr 2015

Welcome to the world of MD, Rhey. There is a deep rabbit hole awaiting you. If you're obsessed enough, you may even end up reading the pilot script or drawing a Sierra bonito groundplan of your own. 8-)

jonatan_silva

Postby jonatan_silva » 22 Apr 2015

After almost ten year out of production in Brazil the MD DVD came back later last year in one good edition with extra.
The edition contain IE too - which is amazing.

Coffee Cup

Postby Coffee Cup » 03 Jun 2015

A few years back I was on vacation staying at my sisters house. I slept in the living room on a sofa bed. She gave me access to Netflix and at the time Mulholland Drive was one of the options.

When I watched it, I remembered that at some point I had seen the Winkies scene with the scary man behind the dumpster. So I guess I had already seen parts of the movie somewhere before but don't remember where.

In the morning I told my sister about the movie. She has also seen the movie and gave me her interpretation. She thinks it's basically an allegory of Hollywood and how so many young women come to Hollywood and end up destroying their lives.

Her theory got me curious and I've been thinking about MD ever since.

BlueRose

Postby BlueRose » 06 Jun 2015

I first saw it with a group of fellow research students one hot summer night in Texas. I was completely blown away. The person who had shown the film was a bit too quick to jump in with the dream theory after it ended, so I didn't have a chance to fully process, but the chill I got from thinking about lines such as "it's strange to be calling yourself" and "no, it's not... that's not what she said..." was something I had never experienced in a movie before, probably not in life in general even. I have since gone on to tear through Lynch's other works, and I am now a diehard TP fan and am so excited about the reboot I can't breathe.

I got to see it in a movie theater once later on, when a Santa Monica theater was showing it (probably around 2005). Since then I have watched it periodically, always getting the bug to watch it, re-reading essays and ideas, and then diving in again. For a few days after I watch it, I cannot walk around in my house when it's too dark, look at a partially open door with ease, or sleep on my side in that certain way, believe it or not. And I love it.

This is my first post BTW, and BlueRose is a name I've used for myself for years, so I was happy to see one feature in Fire Walk With Me!

Siku

Postby Siku » 11 Jun 2015

Welcome BlueRose, always good to have new people and new ideas on board :up:

BlueRose wrote:...the chill I got from thinking about lines such as "it's strange to be calling yourself" and "no, it's not... that's not what she said..." was something I had never experienced in a movie before, probably not in life in general even.

Recognise that feeling!

Previous

Return to Mulholland Dr.