MD related videos and other fan art

Exclusively reserved for discussion regarding David Lynch's 'Mulholland Dr.'
blu

MD related videos and other fan art

Postby blu » 25 Nov 2010

! blu wrote:
Just going to edit in a little message here that we're putting a note up on the splash page that we intend to feature videos from forum members periodically as we have currently with silenthiller's video.

http://mulholland-drive.net

So if you have anything up your sleeve or you want to get creative, post it up in this thread and if people like it then we'll put it up. Youtube or Vimeo is ideal. Vimeo has a slightly cleaner look, but if you have something on YT already, that's A-OK.

Cheers

Inspired by the mentioning by somethingbad in a different thread of the video made to "promote" the forum. Here's somewhere to post anything you've made or found. Anything MD related or general fan art kinda stuff.

The video on the landing page of the main site for the launch of the forum was made by poster Film Syncs. It's terrific, so if by any chance you haven't seen it, take a look. Or if you have, have another watch. He managed to cram in lots of connections in there. Some I only picked up on the 3rd or 4th time watching. And some I probably haven't picked up yet at all.

Keep Talking/Welcome to Club Silencio

vimeo.com Video from : vimeo.com

And this is the video that he made in the lead up to launch that's not obviously linked anywhere on the site now.

What is Club Silencio?

Post your finds.
Last edited by blu on 16 Dec 2010, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added mod note

somethingbad

Re: MD related videos

Postby somethingbad » 28 Nov 2010

Not much video but a great bit of trippy sampling of Llorando over Vini Reilly's sublime guitar playing
www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

I recently watched a good compilation of MD clips to The Cranberries song, Hollywood but can't find the clip now.

I like some of the clips of Ann Miller dancing on you tube - lady had the moves!

somethingbad

Postby somethingbad » 28 Nov 2010

Talk about karma! You tube was the wrong place to look for the Cranberries video -I fount the clip on Vimeo and it's made by the forum's very own Film Syncs! Top work Film Syncs!

silenthiller119

Postby silenthiller119 » 28 Nov 2010

This made I made as a tribute to the film sometime ago. Personally, it was my first time doing a tribute to a film, so some cuts from scene to scene don't always flow smoothly with the music. However, I still liked how the lyrics could be put to many parts of the movie.

ctyankee

Postby ctyankee » 29 Nov 2010

I think it's well done. 8-)

Film Syncs

Postby Film Syncs » 30 Nov 2010

I really liked it. So much so that, with your permission, I'd like to use it as our 'gate' video into the Lost on Mulholland Drive website for a bit. :up:

silenthiller119

Postby silenthiller119 » 30 Nov 2010

Of course!

Is this a joke or something? Sorry I'm not good understanding jokes online.

blu

Postby blu » 30 Nov 2010

silenthiller119 wrote:Of course!

Is this a joke or something? Sorry I'm not good understanding jokes online.

No joke. As soon as we can wake Bob up we'll be putting your vid up. :up:

silenthiller119

Postby silenthiller119 » 30 Nov 2010

Thanks a bunch! I'm glad to know people appreciated it! :D The only reason I thought it was a joke was because FilmSync's username is not red like the Admins...

One more thing, should I remove the captions from the video? Each lyric disappears before the singing part is finished, which is why I was thinking it wasn't important. On another note, the lyrics kind of tell what's going on in each moment...hmm...

Actually another One More Thing: There is another YouTube video under the same name that was made AFTER mine, and is its own version using the song. I'm just clarifying as to not be mistaken if someone is searching the video via YT. My YT account is "75791".

blu

Postby blu » 30 Nov 2010

silenthiller119 wrote:Thanks a bunch! I'm glad to know people appreciated it! :D The only reason I thought it was a joke was because FilmSync's username is not red like the Admins...

One more thing, should I remove the captions from the video? Each lyric disappears before the singing part is finished, which is why I was thinking it wasn't important. On another note, the lyrics kind of tell what's going on in each moment...hmm...

Actually another One More Thing: There is another YouTube video under the same name that was made AFTER mine, and is its own version using the song. I'm just clarifying as to not be mistaken if someone is searching the video via YT. My YT account is "75791".

Film Syncs is an old friend who's helped put this place (and content on the main site) together. He has no admin powers on the forum per se, but he's part of the "backroom staff", if you like.

The captions can be turned on or off, and are set by default to off I think, so leave people with the choice I think.

Bob

Postby Bob » 02 Dec 2010

This is the first fanvid I saw on MD when it was posted on RT 4 years ago. It's really grapping and got me started on my own path of vid editing …

silenthiller119

Postby silenthiller119 » 02 Dec 2010

Same with me! I saw that video and absolutely fell in love with the song "My Immortal"!

somethingbad

Re: Strictly for fun...

Postby somethingbad » 02 Dec 2010

Have you seen Mulholland Snails? :-)
Attachments
snails.jpg

blu

Re: Strictly for fun...

Postby blu » 02 Dec 2010

somethingbad wrote:Have you seen Mulholland Snails? :-)

Whoah whoah whoah whoah. Hold the phone. Where's this from? Is there more?

blu

Re: MD related videos and other fan art

Postby blu » 02 Dec 2010

somethingbad, I figured that we could widen this thread to other fan art type stuff, so shifted your posts.

Hope that's cool. ;-)

I found a higher res version of that image.

mulholland_drive_snails_by_mekaremadness-d30q9g7.jpg

8-)

Next

Return to Mulholland Dr.