MD related videos and other fan art

Exclusively reserved for discussion regarding David Lynch's 'Mulholland Dr.'
somethingbad

Re: Strictly for fun...

Postby somethingbad » 02 Dec 2010

blu wrote:
somethingbad wrote:Have you seen Mulholland Snails? :-)

Whoah whoah whoah whoah. Hold the phone. Where's this from? Is there more?

One of kind I think but more snails here - http://mekaremadness.deviantart.com/gallery/35282397

The new Lynch single is up for listen on Pitchfork - http://pitchfork.com/news/40841-listen- ... ic-single/

And another plug for the mashed in plastic site - http://www.mashedinplastic.co.uk/index.html

I just came across the site myself tonight. It's a really well put together; some great mash-up tunes and videos and some great wallpapers and images.
Attachments
cryingforusthembyartofmarty.jpg
MashedInPlastic.jpg

blu

Re: MD related videos and other fan art

Postby blu » 02 Dec 2010

I love the snails. They're great.

I downloaded Mashed in Plastic a while back, but never got chance to listen properly. I have a long train journey on Saturday, so maybe I'll put it on my generic mp3 player and have a proper listen.

blu

Re: MD related videos

Postby blu » 04 Dec 2010

silenthiller119 wrote:
www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

This made I made as a tribute to the film sometime ago. Personally, it was my first time doing a tribute to a film, so some cuts from scene to scene don't always flow smoothly with the music. However, I still liked how the lyrics could be put to many parts of the movie.

Video is now live on the LoMD "splash page" here: http://www.mulholland-drive.net

:Superman:

silenthiller119

Postby silenthiller119 » 07 Dec 2010

UPDATE: Currently reworking on the captions for the video. I've added an edited version, but, being as picky as I am, I am still trying to fix it.

SECOND UPDATE: Captions are fixed to my liking! Maybe I will fix the punctuation later if needed lol!

blu

Postby blu » 16 Dec 2010

Just a minor bump to say that we're going to put a link to this thread on the main website landing page encouraging people to post their creations to be featured.

I edited the first post in the thread to leave a note to that effect.

Bob

Postby Bob » 21 Dec 2010

Btw, here's the old "fans at work" thread from RT

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/vine/show ... p?t=390384

blu

Postby blu » 25 Jan 2011

My first attempt at one of these. I think I might want to try one with the same music, but cutting back and forth between Oz and MD. That would take a lot more work though. I did most of it last week and left it 'brewing' for a while and came back with a couple of extra ideas. I may go back and tweak it, but I quite like it.

vimeo.com Video from : vimeo.com

What do you think?

blu

Postby blu » 08 Mar 2011

Old friend from the RT forum Skumball has re-edited/re-encoded the following video which is terrific and looks stunning thanks to the remastering job.

andthendougsaid

Re: What is [insert MD cast] up to?

Postby andthendougsaid » 08 Apr 2011

You know, ever since I associated Miley with this movie, now when I hear "Party in the USA" I think of Betty "hopping off the plane at LAX with her dream and her cardigan." I'd love to set a video of creepy clips from MD to that song, if I knew how everyone made those. (Is there a free program that makes it easier?) Or maybe someone already did this and I'm subconsciously stealing the idea?

blu

Postby blu » 12 Apr 2011

andthendougsaid wrote:

You know, ever since I associated Miley with this movie, now when I hear "Party in the USA" I think of Betty "hopping off the plane at LAX with her dream and her cardigan." I'd love to set a video of creepy clips from MD to that song, if I knew how everyone made those. (Is there a free program that makes it easier?) Or maybe someone already did this and I'm subconsciously stealing the idea?

Are you on a Mac or a PC?

I know that Macs come with some free video editing software (iMovie?) and that it's supposed to be quite easy to find your way around. I'm a PC, so I generally use Adobe Premiere which takes a while to get to grips with. Premiere is also quite expensive but if you can borrow a copy from a friend or something it makes it less so. Windows also has Windows Movie Maker I think. Never used that but heard it's a bit flaky and prone to wobbling sometimes. But it's free so I would say try Movie Maker for a small project if you're on a PC and see if it does what you want it to.

blu

Postby blu » 19 Apr 2011

blu wrote:Old friend from the RT forum Skumball has re-edited/re-encoded the following video which is terrific and looks stunning thanks to the remastering job.

We switched the video on the LoMD landing page to this for a little while. If you have any ideas or anything up your sleeve for alternatives, do let us know.

andthendougsaid

Postby andthendougsaid » 21 Apr 2011

I tried Windows Movie Maker and it was surprisingly useful, if a little buggy and slow. After ripping the DVD and recutting the song, making the three-minute clip only took about an hour total...I'm uploading my video now ;-)

andthendougsaid

Postby andthendougsaid » 21 Apr 2011

I made a tribute video today using Miley Cyrus's Party in the USA. Don't take it too seriously :D

Film Syncs

Postby Film Syncs » 22 Apr 2011

So darn subversively funny! Loved it!

Bob

Postby Bob » 22 Apr 2011

Andthendougsaid, you're a natural. Liked how the lines matched the scenes and the dark humor ...

PreviousNext

Return to Mulholland Dr.