In A World of Scrutiny Dune is Still a Beautiful Film

Lost Highway, the Elephant Man, Twin Peaks, Blue Bob, Blue Velvet ... all other Lynch discussion here please
Garmonbozia

In A World of Scrutiny Dune is Still a Beautiful Film

Postby Garmonbozia » 17 Jun 2013

I know a lot of people both Lynch and/or Herbert fans talk about how the script or story-line wasn't what they were expecting from Lynch. One of the reasons that i love the film is actually because of everything! I absolutely love the script and story, corny? Absolutely! I love it nonetheless.
[youtube]B8-eiBqri0U[/youtube]
This for example makes me laugh every single time!

I just love the cinematography of the film as well, the colors, the atmosphere and just over appearance of the film is magnificent!

Look at that green, those whites and reds. It all just goes so well together! It's like picking ice-cream out just by the color, it all taste good but the look is a huge plus! Maybe it's just me, but the coloring of films just make my soul happy!

The characters are all a bit overboard and i enjoy that a lot, it plays into the campy-corniness of the movie, yet they all look just like what i would envision Mr. Herberts' characters to look like!

I just wanted to post some love for Dune because it deserves it!

Alacrates

Re: In A World of Scrutiny Dune is Still a Beautiful Film

Postby Alacrates » 17 Jun 2013

Dune is one of the few Lynch movies I haven't seen (I kind of want to read the book first), but one interesting thing: I was working at a restaurant at a university, and a lot of the students working there were pretty interested in sci-fi, d&d, basically all sorts of geek things, and a lot of them love Dune, and I don't think many of them know much about Lynch. I'd heard so much about it being such a failure, it was interesting to see these young people liking it on it's own merits.

Also, I live in Canada, and Dune is on our version of netflix - we don't have a lot of movies on our version, so it comes up a lot, at least in my recommendations on there.

kmkmiller

Postby kmkmiller » 17 Jun 2013

The writers of Tomorrowland once tweeted that Dune is like Fantastic Voyage and the Harkonens are like white blood cells or something..

Garmonbozia

Postby Garmonbozia » 25 Jun 2013

kmkmiller wrote:The writers of Tomorrowland once tweeted that Dune is like Fantastic Voyage and the Harkonens are like white blood cells or something..

Haha that makes sense to me! Love that!

kmkmiller

Postby kmkmiller » 25 Jun 2013

Those screenplay writers have pretty cool imaginations. I would have never thought of it myself.

Garmonbozia

Postby Garmonbozia » 25 Jun 2013

kmkmiller wrote:Those screenplay writers have pretty cool imaginations. I would have never thought of it myself.

Neither would i. I absolutely enjoy highly imaginative people.

Return to Lynch Films